[openstack-dev] [nova] libvirt+xen support and compute driver hypervisor matrix

Álvaro López García alvaro.lopez.garcia at cern.ch
Tue Oct 15 11:50:19 UTC 2013

Hi there.

I would like to know which is the criteria for the inclusion of a new
driver column in the Hypervisor Support Matrix [1].

We are happy users of libvirt+Xen so we were thinking in the needed
steps to promote it from group C to B (and eventually A) for Icehouse
(with Russell's mail in mind [2]). Are we free to add such a column
there and start filling up the details?

Later on we will fill up a blueprint to cover all the code changes that
might be needed.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/HypervisorSupportMatrix
[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-July/011260.html

Regards,
Álvaro López García                              aloga at ifca.unican.es
Instituto de Física de Cantabria         http://alvarolopez.github.io
Ed. Juan Jordá, Campus UC                      tel: (+34) 942 200 969
Avda. de los Castros s/n
39005 Santander (SPAIN)