[openstack-dev] [scheduler] Policy Model

Alex Glikson GLIKSON at il.ibm.com
Tue Oct 15 05:25:21 UTC 2013

I would suggest not to generalize too much.. e.g., restrict the discussion
to PlacementPolicy. If anyone else would want to use a similar construct
for other purposes -- it can be generalized later.
For example, the notion of 'policy' already exists in other places in
OpenStack in the context of security, and we also plan to introduce a
different kind of 'policies' for scheduler configurations in different
managed domains (e.g., aggregates), but I wonder whether it is important
(or makes sense) making all of them 'inherit' from the same base model.

Regards,
Alex