[openstack-dev] Scheduler meeting and Icehouse Summit

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Tue Oct 15 03:53:19 UTC 2013

Yes, Rethinking Scheduler Design
http://summit.openstack.org/cfp/details/34 is not the same as the
performance issue that Boris raised.  I think the former would be a
natural consequence of moving to an optimization-based joint
decision-making framework, because such a thing necessarily takes a "good
enough" attitude.  The issue Boris raised is more efficient tracking of
the true state of resources, and I am interested in that issue too.  A
holistic scheduler needs such tracking, in addition to the needs of the
individual services.  Having multiple consumers makes the issue more
interesting :-)

Regards,
Mike