[openstack-dev] [novaclient]should administrator can see all servers of all tenants by default?

Caitlin Bestler caitlin.bestler at nexenta.com
Mon Oct 14 23:55:09 UTC 2013

On 10/14/2013 8:37 AM, Ben Nemec wrote:
> I agree that this needs to be fixed.  It's very counterintuitive, if
> nothing else (which is also my argument against requiring all-tenants
> for admin users in the first place).  The only question for me is
> whether to fix it in novaclient or in Nova itself.

If it is fixed in novaclient, then any unscrupulous tenant would be able
to unfix it in novaclient themselves and gain the same information about
other tenants that the bug is allowing.

So if the intent is to protect leakage of information across tenant
lines then the correct solution is a real lock (i.e. in Nova) rather
than just a screen door "lock".