[openstack-dev] [Nova] UpgradeImpact commit message tag

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Mon Oct 14 23:32:23 UTC 2013

I was talking to Dan Smith today about a patch series I was starting to
work on.  These changes affect people doing continuous deployment, so we
came up with the idea of tagging the commits with "UpgradeImpact",
similar to how we use DocImpact for changes that affect docs.

This seems like a good convention to start using for all changes that
affect upgrades in some way.

Any comments/suggestions/objections?  If not, I'll get this documented on:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/GitCommitMessages#Including_external_references

--
Russell Bryant