[openstack-dev] [Mistral] Announcing a new task scheduling and orchestration service for OpenStack

Renat Akhmerov rakhmerov at mirantis.com
Mon Oct 14 19:40:28 UTC 2013

Hi OpenStackers,

I am proud to announce the official launch of the Mistral project. At Mirantis we have a team to start contributing to the project right away. We invite anybody interested in task service & state management to join the initiative.

Mistral is a new OpenStack service designed for task flow control, scheduling, and execution. The project will implement Convection proposal (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Convection) and provide an API and domain-specific language that enables users to manage tasks and their dependencies, and to define workflows, triggers, and events. The service will provide the ability to schedule tasks, as well as to define and manage external sources of events to act as task execution triggers.

The project will allow integration with the existing task flow library. Mistral will initially expose task flow library functionality through an API by providing a domain-specific language for describing task flow concepts. Going forward there is an intention to extend DSL to provide a support for additional concepts, like external events or scheduling rules.

The project page can be found at https://launchpad.net/Mistral.

We will be holding weekly meetings on Mondays at 16:00 UTC on #openstack-meeting at Freenode. If you have any questions or would like to contribute, you can find us on #openstack-mistral.

Renat Akhmerov
Software Engineer
@ Mirantis Inc.

+7(495) 640 4904, ext 0236