[openstack-dev] [scheduler] Policy Model

Yathiraj Udupi (yudupi) yudupi at cisco.com
Mon Oct 14 17:38:12 UTC 2013

Mike,

Like I proposed in my previous email about the model and the APIs,

About the InstanceGroupPolicy, why not leave it as is, and introduce a new abstract model class called Policy.
The InstanceGroupPolicy will be a reference to a Policy object saved separately.
and the "policy" field will point to the saved Policy object's unique name or id.

The new class Policy – can have the usual fields – id, name, uuid, and a dictionary of key-value pairs for any additional arguments about the policy.

This is in alignment with the model for InstanceGroupMember, which is a reference to an actual Instance Object saved in the DB.

I will color all the diamonds black to make it a composition I the UML diagram.

Thanks,
Yathi.