[openstack-dev] [Climate] Nova dependencies in Climate

Dina Belova dbelova at mirantis.com
Mon Oct 14 15:14:47 UTC 2013

Hello everyone!

Guys, now we have Nova dependency in Climate like:

-f http://tarballs.openstack.org/nova/nova-master.tar.gz#egg=nova-master
nova>=master

That was done to implement Nova-based scheduler filter for physical
reservations and store its code in Climate project itself. Now Climate is
really light weighted project, that do not really need all these deps
connected wit Nova. Still, now that future filter is part of Climate
physical reservations logic.

That's why we have the following question: do you think it's normal to have
such dependency there, or it will be better to create separate repo like
"climate-filters" and put there any filters and their dependencies?

What can you advise?

Best regards,

Dina Belova

Software Engineer