[openstack-dev] Incubation Request for OpenStack UX

Jaromir Coufal jcoufal at redhat.com
Mon Oct 14 09:49:07 UTC 2013

Hey Thierry,

thanks for your notes. Few comments are following inline.

On 2013/14/10 11:00, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Jaromir Coufal wrote:
>> Dear Technical Committee Members and OpenStack Community,
>>
>> after previous brainstorming, suggestions and discussions in community,
>> we came out with OpenStack User Experience incubation proposal [0] and
>> by this e-mail we would like to officially apply for incubation. The
>> official application is available at OpenStack wiki:
>>
>> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/UX/Incubation
> "Incubation" is a process for an project to become part of the
> deliverables that are shipped as the common "OpenStack release" every 6
> months:
>
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/NewProjects
>
> If I read your application correctly, what you want is to become a new
> "Program" (like "QA" or "Documentation"). The process to follow here is
> not "incubation" but applying to become a new program:
>
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/NewPrograms
>
> The first process is for projects, the second process is for teams.
Oh yes, right. I am sorry I confused those two.

What we want is to become an official part of OpenStack and Program is
the right fit, exactly (like QA or Doc). The application might remain
the same (the structure is very similar).

[snip]

>> If it would be all possible, I would like to ask for one extra slot at
>> Icehouse Design Summit, so we can talk about UX of OpenStack, get in
>> touch with all OpenStack projects at once and figure out the best way
>> for our cooperation.
> It's a bit difficult because our resources are limited and we have to
> draw the line in the sand somewhere... giving a slot to one prospective
> program and not another would be playing favorites.
>
> You can get "invited" in slots allocated to another program, though
> (Horizon?) to discuss UX in general and the opportunity to make it a
> separate program from Horizon and TripleO.
Sure, I completely understand. The session proposal is already placed
under Horizon, I just wanted to try not to consume Horizon slots since
UX will be general topic. No problem, will try to fit under Horizon for now.

Thanks
-- Jarda