[openstack-dev] [Hyper-V] Havana status

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 11:48:03 UTC 2013

On Sat, 12 Oct 2013 23:12:26 +1300
Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> On 12 October 2013 21:35, Christopher Yeoh <cbkyeoh at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 08:27:54 -0700
> > Dan Smith <dms at danplanet.com> wrote:
> >

> A fairly fundamental thing in SOA architectures - which we have here -
> is to make all changes backwards compatibly, it's pretty easy if
> you're in the habit of it - there's only a handful of basic primitives
> around evolving APIs gracefully - and it results in a much smoother
> deployment story - and ultimately thats what we're aiming at.

I think that approach is fine for external APIs where we want
stability. But for internal APIs where we don't seek to provide
that sort of guarantee there is a benefit to be being able to do
major reworking of code without having to worry about backwards
compatibility and the cruft that you get with having to provide that.

Chris