[openstack-dev] baremetal nova boot issue

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sun Oct 13 09:27:13 UTC 2013

On 13 October 2013 20:16, Ravikanth Samprathi <rsamprat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rob
> The steps are well known, the devil is in the details. Following the
> instructions in the wiki was not very straightforward, and led to many
> issues down the line.
> Now which images are deploy ramdisk and kernel?

The ones you create.

> How is the nova agent downloaded to the baremetal node, in which step and
> how?

What agent?

> What does ''nova boot'' do?

It triggers the deployment process as normal for nova. For the pxe
baremetal driver that means extracting the images from glance, writing
them to tftp tthen powering on the machine.

> I see that using any of the diskbuilder built images (ramdisk kernel) is not
> booting up the system.

Can you give some more detail about what happens?

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist