[openstack-dev] [Hyper-V] Havana status

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Sat Oct 12 16:59:40 UTC 2013

>From the user perspective, splitting off the projects seems to be focussing on the ease of commit compared to the final user experience. An 'extras' project without *strong* testing co-ordination with packagers such as SUSE and RedHat would end up with the consumers of the product facing the integration problems rather than resolving where they should be, within the OpenStack project itself.

I am sympathetic to the 'extra' drivers problem such as Hyper-V and powervm, but I do not feel the right solution is to split.

As CERN uses the Hyper-V driver (we have a dual KVM/Hyper-V approach), we want that this configuration is certified before it reaches us.

Assuming there is a summit session on how to address this, I can arrange a user representation in that session.

Tim