[openstack-dev] [Hyper-V] Havana status

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Fri Oct 11 18:28:35 UTC 2013

On 10/11/2013 02:03 PM, Alessandro Pilotti wrote:

> Talking about new community involvements, newcomers are getting very
> frustrated to have to wait for weeks to get a meaningful review and I
> cannot blame them if they don't want to get involved anymore after the
> first patch!
> This makes appear public bureocracy here in eastern Europe a lightweight
> process in comparison! :-)

You keep making it sound like the situation is absolutely terrible.  The
stats that I track say otherwise.  That's why I brought them up at the
very beginning of this message.  So:

1) I don't think it's as bad as you make it out to be (based on actual
numbers).

http://russellbryant.net/openstack-stats/nova-openreviews.html
http://russellbryant.net/openstack-stats/all-openreviews.html

2) I don't think you (or hyper-v in general) is a victim (again based on
my stats).  If review times need to improve, it's a much more general
problem.

3) There's only one way to improve review times, which is more people
reviewing.  We could use review help in Nova, as could all projects I'm
sure.  We've also established that your review contribution is rather
small (30 reviews over 3 months across *all* openstack projects) [1], I
don't think you can really claim to be helping the problem.  I wouldn't
normally call anyone out like this.  It's not necessarily a *problem*
... until you complain.

So, are you in?  Let's work together to make things better.

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-October/016470.html

--
Russell Bryant