[openstack-dev] [Keystone][oslo] Trusted Messaging Question

Sangeeta Singh singhs at yahoo-inc.com
Fri Oct 11 17:49:41 UTC 2013

Hi,

I had some questions about the trusted messaging project.

  1.  During your design did you consider a kerberos style ticketing service for KDS? If yes what were the reasons against it?
  2.  The Keystone documentation does say that it can support kerberos style authentication. Are there any know implementations and deployments?
  3.  Does the secured messaging framework supports plugging in one's own key service or is there a plan of going in that direction. I think that would something that would be useful to the community giving the flexibility to hook up different security enforcing agents similar to the higher level message abstractions to allow multiple message transport in the oslo messaging library.

I am interested to know how can one use the proposed framework and be able to plugin different key distribution mechanism.

Thanks,
Sangeeta