[openstack-dev] [Hyper-V] Havana status

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Fri Oct 11 15:27:54 UTC 2013

> We could either have a single repo:
>
>     openstack/nova-extra-drivers

This would be my preference for sure, just from the standpoint of
additional release complexity otherwise. I know it might complicate how
the core team works, but presumably we could get away with just having
driver maintainers with core abilities on the whole project, especially
given that most of them care only about their own driver.

> Note that I would actually *not* want to necessarily guarantee a stable
> API here for master.  We should be able to mitigate sync issues with CI.

Agreed, a stable virt driver API is not feasible or healthy at this
point, IMHO. However, it doesn't change that much as it is. I know I'll
be making changes to virt drivers in the coming cycle due to objects and
I have no problem submitting the corresponding changes to the
nova-extra-drivers tree for those drivers alongside any that go for the
main one.

--Dan