[openstack-dev] [Hyper-V] Havana status

Alessandro Pilotti apilotti at cloudbasesolutions.com
Fri Oct 11 07:21:48 UTC 2013

On 11/ott/2013, at 05:25, "Joe Gordon" <joe.gordon0 at gmail.com<mailto:joe.gordon0 at gmail.com>> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Alessandro Pilotti <apilotti at cloudbasesolutions.com<mailto:apilotti at cloudbasesolutions.com>> wrote:
Hi all,

As the Havana release date is approaching fast, I'm sending this email to sum up the situation for pending bugs and reviews related to the Hyper-V integration in OpenStack.

In the past weeks we diligently marked bugs that are related to Havana features with the "havana-rc-potential" tag, which at least for what Nova is concerned, had absolutely no effect.
Our code is sitting in the review queue as usual and, not being tagged for a release or prioritised, there's no guarantee that anybody will take a look at the patches in time for the release. Needless to say, this starts to feel like a Kafka novel. :-)
The goal for us is to make sure that our efforts are directed to the main project tree, avoiding the need to focus on a separate fork with more advanced features and updated code, even if this means slowing down a lot our pace. Due to the limited review bandwidth available in Nova we had to postpone to Icehouse blueprints which were already implemented for Havana, which is fine, but we definitely cannot leave bug fixes behind (even if they are just a small number, like in this case).

Some of those bugs are critical for Hyper-V support in Havana, while the related fixes typically consist in small patches with very few line changes.

Here's the detailed status:

--Nova--

The following bugs have already been fixed and are waiting for review:

VHD format check is not properly performed for fixed disks in the Hyper-V driver

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1233853
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/49269/

Deploy instances failed on Hyper-V with Chinese locale

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1229671
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/48267/

Nova Hyper-V driver volumeutils iscsicli ListTargets contains a typo

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1237432
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/50671/

This link is incorrect, it should read https://review.openstack.org/#/c/50482/

Hyper-V driver needs tests for WMI WQL instructions

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1220256
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/48940/

As a core reviewer, if I see no +1 from any Hyper-V people on a patch, I an inclined to come back to it later. Like this one.

Thanks Joe, I just noticed that I missed to +1 this patch after the last submission, done.

target_iqn is referenced before assignment after exceptions in hyperv/volumeop.py attch_volume()

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1233837
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/49259/

--Neutron--

Waiting for review

ml2 plugin may let hyperv agents ports to build status

https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1224991
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/48306/

The following two bugs are still requiring some work, but will be done in teh next days.

Hyper-V fails to spawn snapshots

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1234759
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/50439/

VHDX snapshot from Hyper-V driver is bigger than original instance

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1231911
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/48645/

As usual, thanks for your help!

Alessandro