[openstack-dev] [nova][powervm] my notes from the meeting on powervm CI

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Fri Oct 11 03:19:53 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 04:55:51PM -0500, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> Based on the discussion with Russell and Dan Smith in the nova meeting
> today, here are some of my notes from the meeting that can continue the
> discussion.  These are all pretty rough at the moment so please bear with
> me, this is more to just get the ball rolling on ideas.
>
> Notes on powervm CI:
>
> 1. What OS to run on?  Fedora 19, RHEL 6.4?
>         - Either of those is probably fine, we use RHEL 6.4 right now
> internally.

I'd say use Fedora 19 over RHEL 6.4 that way you can use python 2.7 and run
tempest with testr instead of nose. While you won't be able to run things in
parallel if you're using neutron right now, moving forward that should
hopefully be fixed soon. Running in parallel may help with the execution time
a bit.

-Matt Treinish