[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Re: Service VM discussion - mgmt ifs

Isaku Yamahata isaku.yamahata at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 16:20:45 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 11:33:35PM +0000,
"Regnier, Greg J" <greg.j.regnier at intel.com> wrote:

> RE: vlan trunking support for network tunnels
> Copying to dev mailing list.
> 	- Greg

Hi Kyle.
Can you please elaborate on how service VM sees packets from such ports?
Say, in case of VLAN trunking, service VM should understand VLAN tag?

By looking at the BP, I don't understand the relation of network interface
in guests, OVS ports(in case of OVS plugin), and neutron port you are
proposing. (Maybe this is the reason of this discussion, though)
So far they are 1:1:1, but you'd like to make it more flexible, I guess.

thanks,