[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Service VM discussion - Use Cases

Regnier, Greg J greg.j.regnier at intel.com
Wed Oct 9 22:36:35 UTC 2013

Hi,

The original use cases I called out include multiple service instances within a single VM, but not your use case of a single logical service spread across multiple VMs for scale-out.  Have you identified requirements for these VMs that might be specified within the scope of this blueprint?

I agree the terminology can be confusing.
 I intended the term 'Service VM' to mean the virtual machine that hosts one or more 'Service Instances', as Sumit points out is distinguished from the Neutron Logical (XaaS) Service.  So a Neutron Logical Service may schedule a Service Instance on a new (or existing) Service VM.

                Greg

Sumit Naiksatam sumitnaiksatam at gmail.com <mailto:openstack-dev%40lists.openstack.org?Subject=Re%3A%20%5Bopenstack-dev%5D%20%5BNeutron%5D%20Service%20VM%20discussion%20-%20Use%20Cases&In-Reply-To=%3CCAMWrLvhZtyc2v%2Bbh-98aVjhTw1kYek5MpCMPDWYWjGG1g-C1Pg%40mail.gmail.com%3E>
Wed Oct 9 21:03:39 UTC 2013