[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Service VM discussion - Use Cases

Rudra Rugge rrugge at juniper.net
Wed Oct 9 22:10:26 UTC 2013

Hi Sumit,

I also got confused with service VM and service instance definition. I assumed both being the same and hence the networks question.

Rudra

On Oct 9, 2013, at 1:54 PM, Sumit Naiksatam <sumitnaiksatam at gmail.com<mailto:sumitnaiksatam at gmail.com>>
 wrote:

Hi Rudra,

We tried to separate policy from mechanism for this blueprint, and are trying to address the latter. I believe the logic for scaling, and or clustering multiple service VMs to map to a logical service instance would lie in the service plugin which realizes the logical service instance.

Can you please elaborate on the service/use-case where you would need to plug the VM into different networks?

Thanks,
~Sumit.