[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Service VM discussion - Use Cases

Sumit Naiksatam sumitnaiksatam at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 21:03:39 UTC 2013

Hi Harshad,

I agree with you that the "service instance" terminology might be a little
confusing here. The way it was phrased in the original email, I believe it
was meant to suggest an association with the corresponding Neutron logical
service (the XaaS to be precise).

That said (and to your point on service templates, which I do agree is a
helpful feature), we are not trying to introduce new tenant-facing
abstractions in this blueprint. The work in this blueprint was envisioned
to be a library module that will help service plugins to realize the
service on VMs.

Thanks,
~Sumit.