[openstack-dev] [neutron] Extraroute and router extensions

Rudra Rugge rrugge at juniper.net
Wed Oct 9 20:56:37 UTC 2013

Hi Salvatore,

Thanks for your comments. I agree backward compatibility would be the most important aspect and the change can be managed accordingly.

Regarding host_routes in subnet:
Do we need to keep host_routes in the subnet - could this be moved to extraroutes extension and linked back to subnets, networks, routers.

Also I have published an IPAM blueprint which covers decoupling of information from the subnet so that the resource management of DNS, DHCP, address allocation schemes is not dependent on networks as it is today with subnet resource.
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Blueprint-ipam-extensions-for-neutron

Regards,
Rudra