[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Service VM discussion - Use Cases

Sumit Naiksatam sumitnaiksatam at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 20:54:14 UTC 2013

Hi Rudra,

We tried to separate policy from mechanism for this blueprint, and are
trying to address the latter. I believe the logic for scaling, and or
clustering multiple service VMs to map to a logical service instance would
lie in the service plugin which realizes the logical service instance.

Can you please elaborate on the service/use-case where you would need to
plug the VM into different networks?

Thanks,
~Sumit.