[openstack-dev] [Climate] Questions and comments

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 9 04:53:53 UTC 2013

Yes, that helps.  Please, guys, do not interpret my questions as
hostility, I really am just trying to understand.  I think there is some
overlap between your concerns and mine, and I hope we can work together.

Sticking to the physical reservations for the moment, let me ask for a
little more explicit details.  In your outline below, late in the game you
write "the actual reservation is performed by the lease manager plugin".
Is that the point in time when something (the lease manager plugin, in
fact) decides which hosts will be used to satisfy the reservation?  Or is
that decided up-front when the reservation is made?  I do not understand
how the lease manager plugin can make this decision on its own, isn't the
nova scheduler also deciding how to use hosts?  Why isn't there a problem
due to two independent allocators making allocations of the same resources
(the system's hosts)?

Thanks,
Mike