[openstack-dev] [scheduler] APIs for Smart Resource Placement - Updated Instance Group Model and API extension model - WIP Draft

Yathiraj Udupi (yudupi) yudupi at cisco.com
Tue Oct 8 03:10:20 UTC 2013

Hi,

Based on the discussions we have had in the past few scheduler sub-team meetings,  I am sharing a document that proposes an updated Instance Group Model and API extension model.
This is a work-in-progress draft version, but sharing it for early feedback.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17OIiBoIavih-1y4zzK0oXyI66529f-7JTCVj-BcXURA/edit?usp=sharing

This model support generic instance types, where an instance can represent a virtual node of any resource type.  But in the context of Nova, an instance refers to the VM instance.

This builds on the existing proposal for Instance Group Extension as documented here in this blueprint:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/instance-group-api-extension

Thanks,
Yathi.