[openstack-dev] [nova] BUG? nova-compute should delete unused instance files on boot

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 22:34:26 UTC 2013

There is a configuration option stating what to do with instances that are still in the hypervisor but have been deleted from the database. I think you want:

running_deleted_instance_action=reap

You probably also want

resume_guests_state_on_host_boot=true

to bring back the instances that were running before the node was powered off. We should definitely consider changing the default of these two values since I think the default values are probably not what most people would want.

Vish
On Oct 7, 2013, at 1:24 PM, Chris Friesen <chris.friesen at windriver.com> wrote:

> On 10/07/2013 12:44 PM, Russell Bryant wrote:
>> On 10/07/2013 02:28 PM, Chris Friesen wrote:
>>>
>>> I've been doing a lot of instance creation/deletion/evacuate and I've
>>> noticed that if I
>>>
>>> 1)create an instance
>>> 2) power off the compute node it was running on
>>> 3) delete the instance