[openstack-dev] [Climate] Questions and comments

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Sun Oct 6 18:41:06 UTC 2013

Thanks, Dina.  Yes, we do not understand each other; can I ask some more
questions?

You outlined a two-step reservation process ("We assume the following
reservation process for the OpenStack services..."), and right after that
talked about changing your mind to use Heat instead of individual
services.  So I am confused, I am not sure which of your remarks reflect
your current thinking and which reflect old thinking.  Can you just state
your current thinking?

On what basis would Climate decide to start or stop a lease?  What sort of
event notifications would Climate be sending, and when and why, and what
would subscribers do upon receipt of such notifications?

If the individual resource services continue to make independent
scheduling decisions as they do today, what value does Climate add?

Maybe a little more detailed outline of what happens in your current
thinking, in support of an explicitly stated use case that shows the
value, would help here.

Thanks,
Mike