[openstack-dev] [heat] [devstack] Fedora 19 i386 & x86_64 cfntools images available for devstack

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Sat Oct 5 23:34:59 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have added F19 cfntools images to the download location used by most
Heat devstack users:
http://fedorapeople.org/groups/heat/prebuilt-jeos-images/

These images were built with diskimage-builder with an outstanding
review [1] applied with the elements vm, fedora, heat-cfntools for both
x86_64 and i386.  The images have been tested in devstack commit
8356b8dc4f9d28661a83f2f07fab6560b10b9bea (latest master as of this post)
against the F19 template available for Heat at:

https://github.com/openstack/heat-templates/blob/master/cfn/F19/WordPress_NoKey.yaml

F17 is deprecated upstream, and as a result, I'd like to deprecate F17
for devstack work as well but it is still available for download from
the prebuilt images location.  I know many people are using this image
in their daily work mainly because there is not an abundance of F19
templates available for use.  I intend to port the F17 templates to F19
templates over the coming weeks.  I would encourage folks working on
templates for the heat-templates repository to make new templates
against F19 or other distributions, rather then F17.

Regards
-steve

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/48900/