[openstack-dev] [Heat] question about stack updates, instance groups and wait conditions

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Thu Oct 3 15:10:43 UTC 2013

Excerpts from Simon Pasquier's message of 2013-10-03 07:12:51 -0700:
> Hi Clint,
>
> Thanks for the reply! I'll update the bug you raised with more
> information. In the meantime, I agree with you that cfn-hup is enough
> for now.
>
> BTW, is there any bug or missing feature that would prevent me from
> replacing cfn-hup by os-collect-config?

The only problem might be that currently os-collect-config can only watch
one path, but it was designed to watch multiple paths. That is just a bug,
and hopefully will get fixed soon.

Also cfn-init will not know how to read the config info that
os-collect-config produces, so if you are using cfn-init it is still
better to use cfn-hup.