[openstack-dev] core reviewers needed

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Thu Oct 3 22:16:58 UTC 2013

Hi Kaiwai,

First, the bad news:

1. The Horizon release candidate has already been cut, so for Havana we're only considering release-blocking bugs at this point (and even those have to meet a high bar to warrant a new release candidate). The "feature freeze" deadline was almost a month ago.

2. As Akihiro Motoki pointed out on the Launchpad ticket, this looks more like a small feature addition than a bug. Whether it should be tracked as a blueprint or a bug with the priority "wishlist" is debatable, but either way it's not something we can consider for a Havana RC2.

The good news is that as of today Horizon's master branch is now open for Icehouse development, which means that reviews like this will start getting attention again. I don't see any immediate reasons why this shouldn't be accepted (pending real reviews), it will just go into the I1 milestone instead of the Havana final release.

Thank you for your work in putting together the patch and working through the feature. I'm sorry the timing wasn't more fortuitous.

All the best,

    - Gabriel