[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Continual deployment scripts

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Thu Oct 3 21:18:11 UTC 2013

Hi

> On 3 Oct 2013, at 21:22, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> In CD doing a fresh
> start every time isn't really desirable :) and in toci we'll want to
> do massively parallel testing when/where possible, whereas CD wants
> staged deployments, graceful operations etc...

Clearly they have some differences, but there is a lot of common ground, so hopefully we can share a lot of the tooling.

In the longer term I suspect the differences may even have areas of common ground - we might not want to tear the world down in CD, but we will (presumably?) eventually need to provide the ability to tear parts of the world down (e.g. for decommissioning some pieces of hardware from one role, possibly to bring them up as something else).

I'm not really disagreeing, just hoping that we can find lots of shared functionality to make re-usable :)

> tripleo-image-elements/elements/cd-tools or tripleo-incubator/cd-tools
> {I'm torn on which :)}, and then reuse that from toci.

Potentially both will be needed, depending on what levels the tools in question operate at.

Cheers,

Chris