[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Continual deployment scripts

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Oct 3 20:22:26 UTC 2013

This is a proposal: I think we should not use toci in the
continually-deployed infrastructure: toci is aimed at testing, CD is
production ready - key differences in intent: In CD doing a fresh
start every time isn't really desirable :) and in toci we'll want to
do massively parallel testing when/where possible, whereas CD wants
staged deployments, graceful operations etc...

So if there is anything that is in toci that will be useful for the CD
overcloud / undercloud I think we should move it to
tripleo-image-elements/elements/cd-tools or tripleo-incubator/cd-tools
{I'm torn on which :)}, and then reuse that from toci.

Thoughts?

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>