[openstack-dev] SmokeStack welcomes Heat and Ceilometer

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Oct 3 17:51:16 UTC 2013

That's awesome Dan!

Now perhaps I can sleep at night :)
From: Dan Prince [dprince at redhat.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2013 2:07 PM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List
Subject: [openstack-dev] SmokeStack welcomes Heat and Ceilometer

Hi all,

A quick update on some recent SmokeStack additions in the Havana dev cycle:

Several weeks back we added support for Ceilometer. Test configuration using both MongoDB (Fedora 19) and MySQL (Centos 6.4) are currently being used to test Ceilometer. Currently only the compute agent is being used and verified. We hope to expand coverage to include using and testing the central agent as well in the future.

This week we put the finishing touches on Heat support for SmokeStack. Similar to Ceilometer above this includes configuration which test things on Fedora 19 and Centos 6.4.

You should now see SmokeStack results for these projects. There have already been a couple regressions we found in reporting -1 results back into Gerrit for these projects.

Also, Because SmokeStack uses (and helps maintain) upstream packages we are also able to provide review feedback on the associated puppet-ceilometer and puppet-heat projects which are currently being used to install packages for testing.

Smokin' since Cactus...

Dan