[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Tuskar and releases

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Oct 2 09:52:12 UTC 2013

Monty Taylor wrote:

> On 10/01/2013 08:08 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
>> We'd like to get tuskar projects doing releases sooner rather than
>> later. For python-tuskarclient, this is pretty much a no-brainer : we
>> just need to start doing it.
>
> Yup. Just do it.
>
>> However, for tuskar-ui and tuskar it's more complex.
>>
>> # tuskar
>>
>> This is an API service; whats the story for non-integrated projects
>> and releases? Can we do them, or does the release team do them? Does
>> it make integration/incubation any harder?
>
> Thus far, non-integrated project can pretty much release however they
> want to. Things that would like to get integrated tend to start
> following release process and timelines on their own, but nothing
> requires it until such a time as the release team takes it over.

Agreed. Actually making releases before applying for incubation is a
good idea. The only thing to watch is to avoid numbering your releases
above the openstack numbering (YYYY.i) so that when you get integrated
you don't need epoch tricks. Using 0.x, 1.x etc. is usually working well.

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)