[openstack-dev] Requirements syncing job is live

ZhiQiang Fan aji.zqfan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 08:40:58 UTC 2013

Hi, Roman,

auto sync requirements is a good job.

It is so good that I'm wondering if the oslo-incubator can do such job too,
because i noticed that there are some patches just update oslo-incubator
modules, (no related bug, just normal update, sorry i cannot remember
specific example), sometimes only one single module. I think if some
modules in oslo-incubator fix important bugs, new wonderful features or
just a series of stable enough commits, then the maintainer can modify the
HEAD(git commit hash id of that module stable version, the oslo-incubator's
real HEAD will always newer than it, sorry for the confused term) of that
module in conf file, then jenkins can propose a patch to each project
automatically, and  all project can be aligned to the 'HEAD'.

sorry, i didn't notice the other independent oslo libraries, i just hope
oslo-incubator can do this (unlike oslo.config can be installed
independent, only update requirement can do such job)

blog: zqfan.github.com
git: github.com/zqfan