[openstack-dev] Requirements syncing job is live

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Tue Oct 1 17:27:37 UTC 2013

Hey all!

The job to automatically propose syncs from the openstack/requirements
repo went live today - as I'm sure you all noticed, since pretty much
everyone got a patch of at least some size.

The job works the same way as the translations job - it will propose a
patch any time the global repo changes - but if there is already an
outstanding change that has not been merged, it will simply amend that
change. So there should only ever be one change per branch per project
in the topic openstack/requirements submitted by the jenkins user.

If a change comes in and you say to yourself "ZOMG, that version would
break us" - then you should definitely go and propose an update to the
global list itself, which is in the global-requirements.txt file in the
openstack/requirements repo.

The design goal, as discussed at the last two summits, is that we should
converge on alignment by the release at the very least. With this and
the changes that exist now in the gate to block non-aligned
requirements, once we get aligned, we shouldn't probably be too far out
from each other moving forward.

Additionally, the list of projects to receive updates is managed in a
file, projects.txt, in the openstack/requirements repo. If you are
running a project and would like to receive syncing patches, feel free
to add yourself to the list.

Enjoy!
Monty