[openstack-dev] trove is already a source package in Debian and a Python module in PyPi

Michael Basnight mbasnight at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 15:23:09 UTC 2013

Hah, well, it begs the question, why are we _not_ namespacing all openstack packages. If you look @ the rpms, they are all namespaced [1]. IMHO, i wouldnt mind seeing openstack-blah packages. And let me reiterate, im not sure changing our name _again_ is the way to go because of a conflicting debian package. This wont be a problem for the rpms, because they are namespaced (openstack-trove).

[1] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/openstack-nova