[openstack-dev] [Nova] [Libvirt] Virtio-Serial support for Nova libvirt driver

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Oct 1 08:57:54 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 02:25:30PM -0700, Ravi Chunduru wrote:
> Alessandro,
>  I agree with you. I created a Blueprint. Let us collaborate and achieve
> this on all types of hypervisors.
>
> All,
>
> Here is the link for the BP as discussed.
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/appliance-communication-channel

That needs to be expanded to describe more about the intended usage
of the setup, and consider any security issues. IMHO we really do
not want this exposed to end users - particularly not whuen you are
proposing the ability to set arbitrary file paths for the UNIX
sockets against images. That woudl be a security flaw as proposed
in that doc.

Daniel