[openstack-dev] [Nova][Keystone][glance] Keystone V3 Domains and Nova

Henry Nash henryn at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Oct 1 06:17:35 UTC 2013

I think an obvious first step of domain support outside keystone is for images.  Today, I believe, an image can be global or project based.  There is definitely a use case for a third state of being domain based - and hence available to all projects in that domain, but not to those in other domains.

From a Nova perspective, where domains might be relevant is in how a cloud provider divides up their infrastructure, for example, I think there are use cases for when a cloud provider might want to specify on a domain-basis:
- availability zones and/or host aggregates
- quotas
- IP ranges (ok, maybe a quantum discussion)

Henry