[openstack-dev] [Glance] How to handle "simple" janitorial tasks?

David koo david.koo at huawei.com
Fri Nov 29 01:15:07 UTC 2013

Hi All,

    A quick question about simple "janitorial" tasks ...

    I noticed that glance.api.v2.image_data.ImageDataController.upload has two
identical "except" clauses (circa line 98):
        except exception.StorageFull as e:
            msg = _("Image storage media is full: %s") % e
            LOG.error(msg)
            raise webob.exc.HTTPRequestEntityTooLarge(explanation=msg,
                                                      request=req)

        except exception.StorageFull as e:
            msg = _("Image storage media is full: %s") % e
            LOG.error(msg)
            raise webob.exc.HTTPRequestEntityTooLarge(explanation=msg,
                                                      request=req)

    Obviously one of the "except" clauses can be removed (or am I missing
something glaringly obvious?) - I shall be happy to do that but should I first
raise some kind of "bug" or should I directly commit a fix or should I bring up
such simple janitorial tasks to the mailing list here on a case-by-case basis
for discussion first?

    I do realize that the definition of "simple" can vary from person to person
and so (ideally) such cases should perhaps should be brought to the list for
discussion first. But I also worry about introducing noise into the list.

--
Koo