[openstack-dev] [Solum] Configuration options placement

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Thu Nov 28 20:55:06 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 5:21 PM, Georgy Okrokvertskhov <
gokrokvertskhov at mirantis.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am working on the user-authentication BP implementation. I need to
> introduce a new configuration option for enable or disable keystone
> authentication for incoming request. I am looking for a right place for
> this option.
>
> The current situation is that we have two places for configuration, one is
> oslo.config and second one is a pecan configuration. My initial intension
> was to add all parameters to solum.conf file like it is done for nova.
> Keystone middleware anyway use oslo.config for keystone connection
> parameters.
> At the same time there are projects (Ceilometer and Ironic) which have
> enable_acl parameter as a part of pecan config.
>
> From my perspective it is not reasonable to have authentication options in
> two different places. I would rather use solum.conf for all parameters and
> limit pecan config usage to pecan specific options.

Yes, I think the intent for ceilometer was to add a separate configuration
option to replace the one in the pecan config and that we just overlooked
doing that. It will certainly happen before any of that app code makes it
way into Oslo (planned for this cycle).

Doug