[openstack-dev] [Solum] Configuration options placement

Georgy Okrokvertskhov gokrokvertskhov at mirantis.com
Wed Nov 27 22:21:56 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am working on the user-authentication BP implementation. I need to
introduce a new configuration option for enable or disable keystone
authentication for incoming request. I am looking for a right place for
this option.

The current situation is that we have two places for configuration, one is
oslo.config and second one is a pecan configuration. My initial intension
was to add all parameters to solum.conf file like it is done for nova.
Keystone middleware anyway use oslo.config for keystone connection
parameters.
At the same time there are projects (Ceilometer and Ironic) which have
enable_acl parameter as a part of pecan config.

>From my perspective it is not reasonable to have authentication options in
two different places. I would rather use solum.conf for all parameters and
limit pecan config usage to pecan specific options.

I am looking for your input on this.

Thanks,
Georgy