[openstack-dev] [Nova][Schduler] Volunteers wanted for a modest proposal for an external scheduler in our lifetime

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Nov 27 22:10:25 UTC 2013

On 25 November 2013 21:51, Sylvain Bauza <sylvain.bauza at bull.net> wrote:
> As said earlier, I also would love to join the team, triggering a few
> blueprints or so.
>
> By the way, I'm currently reviewing the Scheduler code. Do you began to
> design the API queries or do you need help for that ?
>
> -Sylvain

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/remove-cast-to-schedule-run-instance
is a pre-requisite for nova to use the split out scheduler, but I
think we can begin before that is complete, by doing the work on the
new trees:

 - setting up the basic trees we'll need (a service tree and a client
tree) as openstack-infra/config changes
 - picking an interim name (e.g. external-scheduler and
python-external-schedulerclient)

However, lets get russelb to approve the blueprint
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/forklift-scheduler-breakout
first.

Cheers,
Rob