[openstack-dev] [Solum] API worker architecture

Murali Allada murali.allada at RACKSPACE.COM
Wed Nov 27 19:46:09 UTC 2013

No, I was Infact thinking about making all responses synchronous to keep things simple in the beginning. Mostly because I can't think of any use case that requires asynchronous processing right now. But you're right, we might want to support async right from the start.

On Nov 27, 2013, at 1:36 PM, "Roshan Agrawal" <roshan.agrawal at RACKSPACE.COM<mailto:roshan.agrawal at RACKSPACE.COM>> wrote:

We should probably include support for asynchronous responses right from the beginning to handle calls that need a long time to process. Is this in line with what you were thinking ? I am referring to your comment in the blueprint “To start things off, we can implement workflow #1 shown above and make all requests synchronous”

From: Murali Allada [mailto:murali.allada at RACKSPACE.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:43 PM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: [openstack-dev] [Solum] API worker architecture

Hi all,

I'm working on a new blueprint to define the API service architecture.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/solum/+spec/api-worker-architecture

It is still a draft for now. I've proposed a simple architecture for us to get started with implementing a few useful use cases.

Please chime in on the mailing list with your thoughts.

Thanks,
Murali