[openstack-dev] [nova][libvirt] Gate bug 'libvirtError: Unable to read from monitor: Connection reset by peer'

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Nov 27 19:18:12 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 10:50:12AM -0800, Joe Gordon wrote:
> Hi Daniel, all
>
> This morning I noticed we are seeing libvirt stacktrace in the gate
> occasionally.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1255624
>
> Since your are a libvirt maintainer I was hoping you could take a look at
> this one.

I've commented on the bug with some hints - basically you'll need to
examine more logs files to find out why QEMU is dieing a horrible
death. Can we capture the /var/log/libvirt/ files on each run (and
obviously blow them away before start of each cycle).

> We also have a second libvirt gate bug
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1254872

Oh I hate this error message. It is another sign of bad stuff happening.
Made some comments there too.

It would be desirable if the gate logs included details of all software
package versions installed. eg so we can see what libvirt, qemu and
kernel are present. Also perhaps enable the libvirt logging by default
too per my comments in this bug.

Regards,
Daniel