[openstack-dev] [Nova] [Infra] Support for PCI Passthrough

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Nov 27 15:43:46 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-27 11:18:46 +0800 (+0800), yongli he wrote:
[...]
> if you post -1, you should post testing log somewhere for people
> to debug it, so does third party testing can post testing log to
> the infra log server?

Not at the moment--the "infra log server" is just an Apache
name-based virtual host on the static.openstack.org VM using
mod_autoindex to serve log files out of the DocumentRoot (plus a
custom filter CGI Sean Dague wrote recently), and our Jenkins has a
shell account it can use to SCP files onto it. We can't really scale
that access control particularly safely to accommodate third
parties, nor do we have an unlimited amount of space on that machine
(we currently only preserve 6 months of test logs, and even
compressing the limit on how much Cinder block storage we can attach
to the VM is coming into sight).

There has been recent discussion about designing a more scalable
build/test artifact publication system backed by Swift object
storage, and suggestion that once it's working we might consider
support for handing out authorization to third-party-specific
containers for the purpose you describe. Until we have developed
something like that, however, you'll need to provide your own place
to publish your logs (something like we use--bog standard Apache on
a public VM--should work fine I'd think?).
--
Jeremy Stanley