[openstack-dev] [heat] Is it time for a v2 Heat API?

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Wed Nov 27 15:27:08 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Recently we've been skirting around the issue of an API version bump in
various reviews, so I thought I'd start a thread where we can discuss the
way forward.

My view is that we probably should look at creating a v2 API during
Icehouse, but we need to discuss what changes make sense, and if we want to
attempt adopting pecan/wsme or just clone what we have and modify the
interfaces.

I've raised this BP:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/heat/+spec/v2api

And started a WIP wiki page where we can all work on refining what changes
need to be made:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Heat/Blueprints/V2API

Feel free to add items to the list at the top so we can capture the various
changes folks want.

Thoughts?

Steve