[openstack-dev] tenant or project

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Wed Nov 27 14:29:33 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 08:17:59AM -0600, Anne Gentle wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> There was a long thread about dropping project ID/tenant ID from the URL at
> http://openstack.markmail.org/thread/c2wi2uwdsye32z7f
>
> Looking back through it, it looks like nova v3 has it removed
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/v3-api-remove-project-id
>
> Maybe something in there will lend itself to reuse in heat.
> Anne

Thanks Anne, I knew Nova had removed the ID from the path, but hadn't
spotted that they've also removed it from the request body, which is what
I'm thinking may make sense for Heat:

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/doc/v3/api_samples/servers/server-post-req.json

Looks like we can take a similar path for a future v2 Heat API.

Steve