[openstack-dev] [Neutron][Tempest] Heat template for services

Steve Baker sbaker at redhat.com
Tue Nov 26 21:10:03 UTC 2013

On 11/27/2013 07:16 AM, Nachi Ueno wrote:
> Hi Summit, Eugene
>
> We have submitted a Heat template for advanced services.
> This is combination of LBaaS, FWaaS and VPN.
> This is a also good demo for how to use neutron services.
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/58496/1
>
> It is great if we could get feedback from yours.
This template is fine as an example template for heat-templates, but not
for a tempest test.

I think installing apache, mysql and wordpress is not appropriate when
the aim is a functional test of LBaaS, FWaaS and VPN

These should probably be 3 different scenario tests using heatclient, an
separate yaml template, and written in this style:
https://github.com/openstack/tempest/tree/stable/havana/tempest/scenario/orchestration

For the LBaaS test, using SimpleHTTPServer[1] instead of apache would
mean no packages would need to be installed (which would be slow, and
risks transient errors). Each web server can return something unique, so
the test can assert that the load balancer is balancing all servers.

For FWaaS and VPN it would be handy if the templates required no nova
servers, or servers that require only cirros, since then they can run in
the standard gate jobs.

[1] http://docs.python.org/2/library/simplehttpserver.html