[openstack-dev] [nova] [QA] Triaging Bugs during Review

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 21:06:39 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone,

I tend to follow merges and look for valuable havana backports. A few bug
fixes have merged recently where the associated bug is untriaged (i.e. the
severity is listed as 'Unknown'). I assume that reviewers of a bugfix
patch are viewing the associated bugs. It makes sense for core-reviewers
to do some related bug triaging work in the process. It also would be
very helpful if they could be tagged for potential backport at the same time.

So I'm suggesting two things during review:

1. If you are reviewing a patch and the severity of the associated bug is
   set as unknown, then you set an appropriate severity[1].
2. If the bug is important and seems relatively self-contained that you
   mark it with the havana-backport-potential tag during review.

These two things should only take a matter of seconds, and will greatly help
the stable-maintainers team.

I will add these responsibilities to the review checklist[2] unless I hear
some disagreement here.

Thanks,
Vish

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/BugTriage#Task_2:_Prioritize_confirmed_bugs_.28bug_supervisors.29